If you can’t get to your favorite coffee shop for a delicious warm quiche, make one at home with this easy recipe! It’s sure to be a favorite! Bonus, if you have vegetables at home that need eaten this is their time to shine.
I did just that, grabbed some of the vegetables and fruit out of the fridge we already had on hand. It ended up being Black Forest ham, 1 green pepper, 5 or so sun dried tomatoes, a couple diced cherry tomatoes and Monterey Jack cheese. Make it your own and I promise you won’t be disappointed if you like quiche!
We loved it! I’ll be making it again. If you don’t want to stand over the stove in the morning to make breakfast this ones for you!
Easy and delicious
Despite the fact that it does take 50 minutes to bake I would probably give it a 7 out of 10. A couple things I’m taking into consideration here are the ease of the recipe, how good it is, cook time and health. Other than the high fat in the cream which is something to look at if you’re concerned about heart health and cholesterol it’s a decently healthy breakfast. One thing you could try is switching out the heavy cream for milk. Personally, I used 1/2 cup of cream instead of 3/4 and it turned out great.
This being my first quiche I haven’t experimented a ton with it. Not meaning that I won’t in the future but if you have made quiche and used milk without a watery outcome, please let us know in the comments!
- med. mixing bowl
- whisk or fork
- med. skillet
- measuring cups
- 1 store bought prepared pie crust
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus I used store bought and divided the bunch in half
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cup heavy cream I used 1/2 cup and it turned out great.
- 1 green or red pepper
- 1 cup white cheese I used monterey jack
- 5 pieces of ham or bacon diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- spray tart pan or pie plate
- In medium skillet heat oil and cook the asparagus green and or red pepper and any other vegtable that you're using that is just as dense. Cook for the 3 min. add in all other vegtables until heated through. (If you're using leftover roasted or sauted vegtables you can skip this step!)
- Roll out the prepared pie crust, pressi nto the sides of the pie or tart pan.
- In med. bowl lightly beat the eggs, add the cream and stir together.
- Add in your quiche filling onions, peppers, cheese, mushrooms, asparagus and meat, salt and pepper to taste
- Fold all ingredients together and pour into prepared pan.
- If you're using a tart pan with a removable bottom, place it on a cookie sheet. Other wise place the pie plate in the oven and bake for 50 min. or until a kife is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan before cutting and serving. Yum!
This quiche was a success, for that reason I have no doubt you too will be successful in making this easy recipe for your family. If you tried this recipe please let us know whether or not it worked for you and what you added into it, once again I’d love to try it!